Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Five Months: Vacation, all I ever wanted....

You know what they say:
Summertime and the living's easy.

In my fifth month, I got to relax a little bit and let down my several hairs.

Vacation #1:
Lake Anna, VA with family and homies


              

Check me out -- first time on a beach. Me likey!
Note to all: sand does not taste as good as it looks.



Before: Practicing my backstroke
After: Just chillin


You know what they say:
"Happy parents, happy life."



How great are Michelle Fosstein's funny faces? So funny it makes me want to eat my hand.


We look great in white, no?



Lula's hug are like gold! More please!

---------

Vacation Interlude:
Japanese Stuff

                       

I am learning to sing Japanese songs!


At my first Obon celebration.
The Japanese know how to par-tay and beat that taiko drum!


Testing out my new high chair...

---------

Vacation #2 --
St. John's, US Virgin Islands

I had a first class ticket for my dad's lap on the flight.


I had a first class ticket on my mom for the ferry.


Sunsets make me wistful for the day passed,
excited for the promise of tomorrow.


My dad and I do the old "floating head" routine.


Matching hats!


First time at the ocean and I am LOVING IT!


"....so I says to the other baby, that's not a BOTTLE!"


First time in the ocean and I am LOVING IT!


Happiness is....


My dad spent some time discussing climate change with me.


What can we do? 
It feels so overwhelming.
I mean, historically, developed nations have created the vast majority of carbon emissions while in the future developing nations will become huge contributors to climate change. 
Is it fair to ask developing nations to limit their economic growth (and, hence, emissions for their specific populations in the interest of slowing climate change for the entire human population?



Anyways....photo shoot!


I love to play in the pool!
(Safely, of course.)

                    

Rare family photo!

                   

Don't even look at my thighs.
I have not had time to work out recently.


Not sure about this whole 'grass' situation.




This is better.

                       

Totally PHOTO-BOMBED this picture of my moms.





In my first high chair, eating my first veggie (red pepper). Yum???


Mom also makes a good high chair.


One last hug before we roll out....


Peace out Virgin Islands!

No comments:

Post a Comment